15 May 2009

I'm so happy that my washer is not broken! A few weeks ago, I noticed that my washer was not draining as it should be. In order for the clothes to even dry in the dryer, I would have to put it through an extra spin cycle. On Tuesday, I noticed that the sink in which our washer drains was full of water and was not draining. I stuck my arm into the cold water to dig out a small piece of plywood and some lint, but it still did not drain. I then tried to pull out all the lint that was down inside the sink drain. It still would not drain. After lots of Liquid Plumber, the sink finally drained. When I did my next load of laundry (since I had to wait to put anything through the washer since the sink was backed up), the clothes weren't sopping wet like they had been. My theory is that the drainpipe had been clogged with something, and it finally got pushed out of the drainpipe into the sink and clogged the sink. Hooray for properly working appliances!

I'm also grateful for receiving blessings for doing something nice immediately. Yesterday, I offered to watch a neighbor's kids while she went to pick up her husband from school. In return, she fed Chris, Max, and me dinner. It was so nice to be able to eat with someone since Ryan didn't come home for dinner last night. Plus, no dishes!

I am grateful for Infant Tylenol during these times of teething. It makes a night-and-day difference.

No comments: